World Cafe Live, Philadelphia, PA.... The Pixies were terrific, and definitely the most on-point performance of the three times I've seen them live to this point. They were pretty ferocious (I'm not sure if it had anything to do with the band being in the era of Paz Lenchantin on bass). I really enjoyed Real Estate and Laura Marling, and The Mavericks were fun as always. Nancy & Beth were alter egos for actors Megan Mullally and Stephanie Hunt, and late in their set, Nick Offerman (of Parks & Rec fame) came on stage beating a big bass drum strapped to his chest. Pixies Nick Offerman on bass drum Pixies setlist : All the Saints La La Love You Where Is My Mind? Winterlong Gouge Away Bel Esprit Classic Masher Wave of Mutilation Tenement Song All I Think About Now Caribou
WYEP Community Broadcast Center, Pittsburgh, PA.... Part of WYEP's "Welcome Weekend," the grand opening for the WYEP Community Broadcast Center. sorry, I haven't yet written about this show... add your own comments if you were also there!
Hangar Theater, Ithaca, NY Siberry's second album No Borders Here was causing some kind of a sensation at WICB. We started off playing "I Muse Aloud," and then moved to the album's epic "Mimi on the Beach." Eventually, we would also play "The Waitress" and "Extra Executives" a bit as well. post continues.... So it was cool that she was playing live in Ithaca. I don't remember how this came up but the concert promoter was looking for people to work security for the concert, and the word went out to us at the college radio station. I agreed to do it, thinking I could see the show for free. Of course, I got posted at the back door/artist's entrance at the end of long corridor from the actual stage, so I wasn't able to see any of the opener. (For years, BTW, I thought it was Peter Case who opened the show, but I asked him once about it and he couldn't recollect ever opening for Siberry; turned out the performer's na...
Comments