Tradewinds, Sea Bright, NJ Goddamn, I wanted to hate Third Eye Blind live. At WHTG, we were playing "Semi Charmed Life" quite a bit and listeners really dug it. Hell, I dug it. Before this show, we had set up a meet & greet with some contest winners. The opening act, Long Island rockers Coward, were terrific guys--very friendly and personable to us station people and our listeners. One of our contest winners was in a wheelchair, and the Coward boys took an extra minute to give this listener some attention. By contrast, the members of Third Eye Blind looked and acted as if they just woke up and wanted to be elsewhere. Which may well have been true, but hey, guys: suck it up. Your duly-appointed representatives made a commitment for you to greet some listeners, so do your duty, if not with a smile, at least without a grimace. They also ignored the listener in the wheelchair. Jackasses. So I was all set to hate their performance. But, I had to admit, they put on a good show....
Comments