Cloaca Melodia

My life in concerts, by Mike Sauter.

6/08/2016

Peter Wolf

Point State Park, Pittsburgh, PA  

A very special show. Peter had visited WYEP prior that afternoon and sat in as a guest DJ. I had chatted with him briefly at the station and told him I would see him prior to his Arts Festival performance, as I was scheduled to do stage announcements beforehand. I got there with my daughter (who adores the song "Love Stinks") and while we were biding our time backstage, someone came over to me and told me that Peter wanted to speak with me. So we went onto his band's tour bus.

post continues....
Peter wanted to pick my brain about his promotion plan for his album, so he had someone there give my daughter a tour of the tour bus. I gave him whatever info I could, made some suggestions, and we talked about the state of radio and where his music fits in to the current radio landscape. we wrapped up as both my kid's tour was over and the rest of the band piled in. They asked my daughter what her favorite music was and she said The Beatles, so they all started singing "Yellow Submarine" songs.

We said goodbye and left the tour bus, and my daughter thought that was just about the coolest experience she ever had. She subsequently wanted to live on her own tour bus. I made sure to explain to her that this was a very unusual experience we just had and this doesn't happen all the time to her daddy.

She also got to make her stage debut while I was introducing the band.


The show itself was a lot of fun.

setlist (according to this source):

  1. Wastin' Time
  2. It Was Always So Easy (To Find an Unhappy Woman)
  3. Nothing But the Wheel
  4. Cry One More Time
  5. Peace of Mind
  6. Love Stinks
  7. Tragedy
  8. Homework
  9. I Don't Wanna Know
  10. Give It to Me
  11. If You Wanna Be With Somebody (encore break)
  12. I Need You Tonight
  13. Must of Got Lost 
Here's me and Peter at WYEP that afternoon:

Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home