Cloaca Melodia

My life in concerts, by Mike Sauter.

7/26/2011

U2/Interpol

Heinz Field, Pittsburgh, PA

My fifth time seeing U2. It was a very enjoyable show, although if I had to rank them, it might be last. At best, tied for fourth.

post continues....



The show started off great, with four songs from Achtung Baby and the concert had a terrific final third. Somewhere in the middle it the set list was a tad soft, although I'm not sure exactly why.

The set was interesting to look at at first, but not although that great in enhancing the show (unlike, say, the Zoo TV tour staging).

Bono's voice definitely couldn't hit all of the high notes of old, although he pulled off the Pavarotti part in "Miss Sarajevo" quite gracefully.

Setlist:


  1. Even Better Than the Real Thing
  2. The Fly
  3. Mysterious Ways
  4. Until the End of the World
  5. I Will Follow
  6. Get On Your Boots
  7. I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For
  8. Stay (Faraway, So Close!)
  9. Beautiful Day
  10. Elevation
  11. Pride (In the Name of Love)
  12. Miss Sarajevo
  13. Zooropa
  14. City of Blinding Lights
  15. Vertigo
  16. I'll Go Crazy If I Don't Go Crazy Tonight
  17. Sunday Bloody Sunday
  18. Scarlet
  19. Walk On
  20. One
  21. Hallelujah/Where The Streets Have No Name
  22. Hold Me, Thrill Me, Kiss Me, Kill Me
  23. With Or Without You
  24. Moment of Surrender
  25. Bad



... add your own comments if you were also there!

Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home