Cloaca Melodia

My life in concerts, by Mike Sauter.

6/15/2008

New York Dolls

Three Rivers Arts Festival, Downtown, Pittsburgh, PA


I had seen Syl Sylvain and Johnny Thunders once at the Continental in New York City (with a guest appearance from Cheetah Chrome; wish I remembered the actual date for that show, it was either in 1989 or 1990) but I've never seen the Dolls as a band.

We couldn't stay for too long, having the little one with us (she was more tired than I, which, considering I had just gotten back from Bonnaroo, was a feat!). Frankly, though, I was a little disappointed with what I heard. It just didn't seem like the Dolls I knew. I heard from others, though, that the show got better later in the set.

The setlist (ass far as I heard)
Babylon
Puss 'n' Boots
We're All in Luv
Piece of My Heart
Plenty of Music
Private World
[here's about where I had to leave]

Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home