Cloaca Melodia

My life in concerts, by Mike Sauter.

6/28/2003

The Clarks

Amphitheatre at Station Square/Chevrolet Amphitheatre, Pittsburgh, PA

I was extremely late for the show. I was on the guest list, but they almost weren't going to let me in since they had already broken down the will call table. I had just recently moved to Pittsburgh and I was still getting used to the early concert start times which are the rule here (unlike the NY-NJ area, where the headliner rarely goes on before 11pm, even on weeknights).

post continues....

My previous experiences seeing The Clarks were in small clubs in NJ, so I was shocked and amazed to see a sellout crowd in this amphitheater (which is actually just a parking lot with a permanent teflon tent-structure over it). Regional stars are a phenomenon we don't have enough of anymore--bands usually attain some level of national success or else they're stuck in local-band hell.

The Clarks sold out this place, something that the Foo Fighters didn't even do a little more than a week later. Cool!

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home