Cloaca Melodia

My life in concerts, by Mike Sauter.

2/19/1992

Billy Bragg & The Red Stars

The Marquee, New York, NY

This was one of the coolest Billy Bragg shows I attended, primarily due to some technical difficulties early on in the set.

post continues....

Bragg's guitar wasn't coming through properly, so while the problem was being corrected Bragg began to sing one of my favorite pieces of Bragg obscurata: "I Don't Need This Pressure, Ron," an acapella Reagan-era number (the title satirizes the Spandau Ballet U.K. hit "I Don't Need This Pressure On") which I used to play all the time on my college radio station. Frankly, I was shocked and delighted he pulled that one out--I never expected to hear it live!

I went to the show with my then-girlfriend Christine.

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home