Cloaca Melodia

My life in concerts, by Mike Sauter.

2/18/1991

Sting

Beacon Theater, 74th & Broadway, New York, NY

One of the main things I remember about this show was sitting a few rows behind Dennis Miller (or someone who looked remarkably like him!).

post continues....

I also recall the lights going down halfway through the set, and then hearing the distictive opening chords from Jimi Hendrix's "Purple Haze" (in a way, it's like rock 'n' roll's own Beethoven's 5th). As the lights blaze back on, Sting and his band pull off a fairly fiery version of the classic.

I got the call to start my new job as production director at WHTG the very next morning. I would show up and discover the Program Director doing the morning show, having just fired the DJ. The PD would ask me to fill in on AM drive for the following week, and I ended up "filling in" for eight years.

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home